2011-05-13

Triple Bogey x Detroit 313series available now @ DCS

Triple Bogey X Process Theory - 313 Series Collaboration from Matt Barth on Vimeo.

Today is a little special here at Detroit City Skateboards. We were lucky enough to be involved with Triple Bogey & Process Theory to bring you a very surreal collaboration on so many different levels. The 313series which pays homage to the unwanted but very real history of Detroit, Michigan. Growing up I was taught to fear Detroit, that Detroit was a place for the lost and forgotten. I will never forget being so scared my very first time alone in Detroit, I swear I almost faked a heart attack just so the police would see me and drive my white ass back to white'burbia! But now as I have ripened in age I find myself fascinated with Detroit and Detroit's past. I no longer fear him but have found love for a city where others have left him to die. My grandparents grow up in Detroit, my parents frequented Detroit as teenagers and hopefully one day my kids will look at Detroit not with embarrassment but with a quest to find out why Detroit has a rap sheet as long as Ol' Dirty Bastards. Because Detroit is and always will be home in my blackened hardly beating correctly heart!


Check out the video it's amazing, filmed and edited by our good homies Matt Barth and Shane Mcmurphy! 313series available @ Detroit City Skateboards & Burn Rubber.

Come support a local roots project.


Detroit City Skateboards -

No comments: